Welcome to a remarkable equestrian paradise nestled in the lush and serene landscape of Rockland, Ontario. This stunning over 90-acre property is an idyllic haven for equestrians - only 40 minutes from downtown Ottawa and boasting open fields, wooded trails, and rolling hills. Whether you're a recreational rider or a professional trainer with large-scale aspirations, this farm offers endless opportunities to fulfill your equine dreams.
At the heart of this exceptional estate lies a spectacular indoor riding arena with steel rafter construction, spanning 140’ x 70'. It touts excellent drainage with its sand footing and gravel foundation, Suntough non-colouring clear plastic sheeting and a top-grade lighting system. A heated 23’ x 12’ viewing lounge overlooks the riding ring and includes access to a two-piece washroom. The attached stable includes ten box stalls, a 12’ x 12’ wash stall, hay loft, feed room, and heated tack room complete with individual lockers and is outfitted for a washer and dryer, providing everything you need to care for your horses - even a separate septic system. An outside wood furnace provides heat, while an electric furnace is available as a back-up.
Outdoor facilities are equally impressive, with a 300’ x 150’ sand riding ring, 150’ x 125’ grass riding ring, a 40 x 100 metre grass carriage-driving ring and six paddocks with four run-in shelters. A multitude of outbuildings, including a garage/workshop with a 12’ x 10’ insulated door and concrete floor, a 29’ x 23’ hay barn with a metal roof, a 16’ x 44’ machinery shed built in 2020, a 15’ x 17’ log construction sugar shack, and a 14’ x 30’ woodshed immediately adjacent to the wood-burning outdoor furnace with enough storage to hold an entire year’s worth of wood.
The charming, meticulously upgraded log home features three spacious bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and a metal roof (2012). The exposed logs, post and beam construction and original hardwood preserve the character of the home, while the major component investments and present-day additions cater to modern living. The expansive living room with panoramic views of the farm sits open to the formal dining area so the good eats and conversation can flow to the entire extended family. Convenient main floor library with cherry panel walls and library shelves. Also off the main living space sits a parlour - the perfect flex room for whatever needs suit your family. Let your inner chef rejoice in the timeless kitchen with quartz counters, an oversized butcher block island, gas range and more. Kick-off your boots through the side door into the oversized, tiled mud room outfitted with storage and fitted for a washer and dryer. Impressive primary suite with its own staircase added in 2015; It boasts cathedral ceilings, post and beam design and a light and airy feeling surrounded by windows. The ensuite bathroom features a large, glass-wall shower and antique bath, providing a private retreat after a long day in the saddle. A separate staircase brings you to the north wing of upstairs that furnishes two bedrooms, a full bathroom and open loft area. A delightful three-season sunroom is accessed through French doors off the kitchen and offers floor to ceiling windows with full screens touting western exposure. A whimsical covered front-facing deck offers the perfect backdrop to your morning coffee and round out the key features offered by this enchanting home.
- Home is approximately 150 years old and log construction. Logs are beautiful and are very well preserved.
- House is solid, well-maintained throughout history.
- Half of basement is 5'6" high ceiling. This part of basement is stone encased in concrete and approximately 20’ x 30’. Other half of basement is approximately 7’ high ceiling. This part of basement is poured concrete (circa 1980-84) and approximately 25’ x 17’. Basement is unfinished. Root cellar is approximately 12’ x 4’.
- Steel roof circa 2012.
- Main heat source is outdoor wood furnace. Wood furnace heats house and hot water in the house. Also heats parts of stable and water in stable.
- Lennox forced air propane furnace in basement installed approximately 2015. The propane furnace is a backup heat source to the wood furnace and distributes heat throughout the house.
- Water heater (2015) is propane-fired. In winter, when wood furnace is operating, house water is heated by wood furnace.
- House and stable water are completely separate systems from the water used to heat the house through the wood furnace.
- House water is treated by a Chlorine ECOWATER system by Desforges Water Treatment installed in 2023.
- House has central air conditioning installed 2021.
- Two wells service the property. Main well is approximately 150’ drilled well. Never shortages of water. This well serves all water needs on farm – house and stable. At times, sellers have boarded upward of 30 horses on the farm, plus family of five, garden, etc. No issue with water volumes. Second well is a dug well that is only used in an emergency to supply water to horses if power is out for an extended time.
- House is wired for an external generator. Separate panel providing generator power to critical functions – freezers, fridge, some outlets, limited lighting, etc. Sellers would be open to separate offer to buy their generator.
- Modern septic tank and septic field installed in 2015.
- Garage/shop is immediately behind house, making it easily accessible and is approximately 39’ x 20’ with a concrete floor and a 12’ wide x 10’ high insulated garage door. Walls are insulated. No heat source currently but could be heated in future with outdoor wood furnace. Storage areas for tools, parts etc. on north side of shop (8’ x 39’) and east side (20’ x 12’).
- Hay Barn approximately 29’ x 23’ with post and beam construction and steel roof. Can be used for storing round bales of hay, farm machinery or miscellaneous storage. All hay-making equipment available to make your own hay!
- Woodshed is immediately adjacent to wood burning outside furnace. Holds enough wood for winter, 20 – 22 cords. Approximately 14’ x 30’. Post and beam construction. Steel roof. Built circa 2018.
- Machinery shed is approximately 16’ x 44’ and post and beam construction. Steel roof. Built 2020
- Sugar shack is approximately 15’ x 17’ log construction, steel roof with adjacent wood shed. Maple syrup evaporator and wood stove. Sellers can install approximately 350 taps, almost all on tubing installed on the trees. All equipment required for production of maple syrup!
Horse Facility Features:
- Stable and arena are in a single building. Built in 1999 – 2000.
- Direct, indoor access from stable to arena.
- Arena is approximately 140’ x 70'. Steel rafter construction; airy cathedral ceiling. Excellent sand footing with gravel foundation. Excellent drainage. Arena has ‘suntough’ non-colouring clear plastic sheeting on two sides and west end providing lots of light in riding area. Excellent lighting system.
- Hay loft above stable.
- Viewing room is 23’ x 12’ with four large windows overlooking the arena. Two-piece bathroom. Heated (outside wood furnace heats lounge, tack room and hot water in stable - electric furnace available to be installed as a backup) and with a separate septic from house.
- Stable is 36’ x 70’. 10 box stalls. Three are 12’ x 12’. Seven are 10’ x 12’. Aisle is 11’ wide. 12’ x 12’ wash stall.
- Feed room is approximately 9’6’’ x 15’.
- Tack room is 19’ x 12’. Heated with sink and cupboards. Eight individual lockers for tack. Outfitted for washer and Dryer. Window into arena.
- Covered entryways on both south and north side of barn keeps the weather elements out of the stable.
- Six paddocks easily accessible from stable.
- Paddock 1: 36m x 80m with 13’ x 15’ run-in shed.
- Paddock 2: 36m x 65m with 11’ x 15’ run-in shed.
- Paddock 3: 53m x 30m with 11’ x 15’ run-in shed.
- Paddock 4: 40m x 42m. No shed.
- Paddock 5: 90m x 65m. No shed.
- Paddock 6: 100m x 60m with 12’ x 12’ run-in shed.
- 300’ x 150’ outdoor sand riding ring. Excellent drainage and outstanding footing.
- 150’ x 125’ grass riding ring.
- 40m x 100m grass carriage-driving ring.
Feel free to contact us for more details!